Antimicrobial Additives for Medical Devices
The antimicrobial additives for medical devices is an advanced controlled release antimicrobial treatment for wound dressings, bandages, and various medical devices.
ZeoVation’s smart particle antimicrobial is used to help prevent infection and protect from common infectious bacteria and other contaminants.
The value proposition that has motivated the development of our antimicrobial is the proliferation of antibiotic-resistant bacteria and the dramatic fall in the number of antibiotics in development.
What are the Benefits of the Antimicrobial for Medical Devices?
The antimicrobial has been developed with extensive consideration given to product performance. It helps to:
- Resist bacterial colonization within the dressing
- Reduce bacterial penetration through the dressing
- Provide protection against gram-, gram+ and fungi/yeast microorganisms
- Limits cross-contamination from and to the patient, clinician, and environment
Test Results for FRAg (fast release) and SRAg (slow release)
7 to 8 log reduction of bacteria counts (CFU/ml)
- Substrate: 30-40 nm transparent, dispersible NZ crystals (agglomerate size controlled from colloidal meters to microns)
- Conditions for antimicrobial testing: E.coli, FRAg, SRAg = 100 µg/ml, 37 °C, 75 min
- MIC (MBC) of FRAg 1.56 micrograms/ml; SRAg 3.125 micrograms/ml (positive control ampicillin 0.5 micrograms/ml) towards E.coli (2.5×104 CFU/ml)
|Product Type:||Powder or Dispersion|
|Product Name:||FRAg [Fast release] or SRAg [Slow release]|
|Particle Size:||30 nm to micron-size aggregates|