Controlled Release Antimicrobial for Paints and Coatings
Agisalus© is an advanced controlled release antimicrobial treatment for coatings and paints.
It can be introduced into a paint, coating, ink or lacquer during the manufacturing process to make it resistant to bacteria and microbes. It can be formulated to suit the type of paint or coating, the material it may be used to treat, and the manufacturing process employed.
Agisalus© can be easily and cost-effectively manufactured into all types of solvent, water-based, liquid, oil or powder paints and coatings including:
- General industrial coatings
- Decorative coatings
- Speciality coatings
- Speciality inks
What are the Benefits of Agisalus© for Paints & Coatings?
Agisalus© will provide lasting and effective protection against harmful bacteria, mould, fungi and viruses by up to 99.99%, ultimately helping your paint or coating to minimize staining, bad odors and material degradation on any surface it is applied to. Once infused into your paints or coatings, our controlled release antimicrobial additive will not leech, cause discoloration or affect the final finish.
The Agisalus© Advantage
- Agisalus© can be formulated into a concentrated powder or liquid suspension depending on the target material and manufacturing process.
- Agisalus© is a colloidal suspension and in this form do not settle, so it will mix better with your paints and coatings.
- As a nanoparticle, Agisalus© will blend better as an additive, creating a more uniform distribution.
The Agisalus© Effectiveness
Our controlled release antimicrobial, Agisalus©, is effective against gram positive, gram negative bacteria (including methicillin-and vancomycin resistant bacteria) as well as fungi and viruses.
Agisalus© with significantly higher potency requires lower antimicrobial dosages with a lower environmental footprint and lower non-bacterial cellular interactions. The key features of our antimicrobial are:
- An enormous increase in surface area, resulting in more coverage with lesser particle amounts. Compared to micron-sized particles that is an 1000x increase in surface area coverage.
- Faster, more efficient ion exchange due to the shorter distance the molecules have to travel;
- Ability to penetrate and destroy bacteria from the inside out.
|Product Type:||Powder or Dispersion|
|Product Name:||Agisalus© F [Fast release] or Agisalus© S [Slow release]|
|Particle Size:||30 nm to micron-size aggregates|
Performance of Agisalus©
Test Results for Agisalus F (FRAg: fast release) and Agisalus S (SRAg: slow release)
7 to 8 log 10 reduction of bacteria counts (CFU/ml)
- Substrate : 30-40 nm transparent, dispersible NZ crystals (agglomerate size controlled from nanometers to microns)
- Conditions for antimicrobial testing: E.coli, FRAg, SRAg = 100 µg/ml, 37 °C, 75 min
- MIC (MBC) of FRAg 1.56 micrograms/ml; SRAg 3.125 micrograms/ml (positive control ampicillin 0.5 micrograms/ml) towards E.coli (2.5×104 CFU/ml)