Antimicrobial Paint Additives
What are Antimicrobial Paint Additives?
Antimicrobial paint additives are an advanced controlled release antimicrobial treatment for coatings and paints. It can be introduced into a paint, coating, ink, or lacquer during manufacturing to make it resistant to bacteria and microbes.
It can be formulated to suit the type of paint or coating, the material it may be used to treat, and the manufacturing process employed.
It can be efficiently and cost-effectively manufactured into all types of solvent, water-based, liquid, oil, or powder paints and coatings, including:
- General industrial coatings
- Decorative coatings
- Specialty coatings
- Specialty Inks
What are the Benefits of the Antimicrobial for Paints & Coatings?
Antimicrobial coating additives provide lasting and effective protection against harmful bacteria, mold, fungi, and viruses by up to 99.99%, ultimately helping your paint or coating to minimize staining, foul odors, and material degradation on any surface it is applied. Once infused into your paints or coatings, our controlled-release antimicrobial additive will not leech, cause discoloration or affect the final finish.
- It can be formulated into a concentrated powder or liquid suspension depending on the target material and manufacturing process.
- It is a colloidal suspension and, in this form, does not settle so it will mix better with your paints and coatings.
- As a colloidal particle, it will blend better as an additive, creating a more uniform distribution.
Test Results for FRAg (fast release) and SRAg (slow release)
7 to 8 log reduction of bacteria counts (CFU/ml)
- Substrate: 30-40 nm transparent, dispersible NZ crystals (agglomerate size controlled from nanometers to microns)
- Conditions for antimicrobial testing: E.coli, FRAg, SRAg = 100 µg/ml, 37 °C, 75 min
- MIC (MBC) of FRAg 1.56 micrograms/ml; SRAg 3.125 micrograms/ml (positive control ampicillin 0.5 micrograms/ml) towards E.coli (2.5×104 CFU/ml)
|Product Type:||Powder or Dispersion|
|Product Name:||FRAg [fast release] or SRAg [slow release]|
|Particle Size:||30 nm to micron-size aggregates|